The "Sunshine State"
Vacationers face a number of choices when it comes time to plan a family vacation, yet one of the best destinations for sun-loving families seeking summer fun is undeniably Florida. The Sunshine State boasts a wealth of amusement parks, a celebrated culinary scene and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Travelers hoping to catch some rays and enjoy the Floridian lifestyle may want to book a beach house vacation rental in Miami Beach, which is connected by bridges to mainland Miami. From North Shore Open Space Park, down to South Pointe Park, you will find wide stretches of beach that are known for their popularity with models and celebrities. Be amazed by the early-20th-century architecture in the Art Deco Historic district with pastel-colored buildings, especially on Ocean Drive.
Enjoy Live Music Indoors and Out!
The North Beach Bandshell
- This charming Miami Beach open-air venue boasts some of the most eclectic bookings in all the city. Run by the Rhythm Foundation, a group devoted to bringing rare world music to Miami, the North Beach Bandshell has both jazz and Latin shows, bringing rare world music acts from the islands of the Caribbean to the tip of South America. They have bench seating, string lights and an ocean breeze.
The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jacki Gleason Theater
- where the crowds are as eclectic as the program. Recent performers include Lizzo, Tame Impala and Bill Maher, and icons Madonna, Il Volo, Alice in Chains, Sarah Silverman and New Order have had multi-show residencies. Admission $10-$85.
Nightlife and Bars
- The one bar you need to visit during your time in Miami Beach. This indoor/outdoor watering hole sums up the city's drinking culture down to its poolside seating and shareable punch bowls, which change seasonally. Not sure what to order? Close your eyes and point to the menu. Everything is good. Bring along your swimsuit because the pool is also open to customers, so feel free to grab a drink and take a dip.
- The most famous club in South Beach. A 2017 million-dollar renovation added more LED screens that generate greater light spectacles to highlight its usual star-studded lineup; everyone from Travis Scott and Skrillex to Justin Bieber have held court at LIV. LIV hosts a famous weekly Sunday night party (LIV on Sunday). You'll see no less than five famous rappers. Basement
- While most activities in this city require driving, Basement solves your transportation problems by grouping your favorite nighttime activities (and even some daytime things) into one super fun location. The underground space offers bowling under neon lighting and indoor ice skating, plus features a full bar and a dance floor. Sweet Liberty Drinks & Supply Company
- Where else can you order deviled eggs, a rum old fashioned and dance the night away to '90s hip-hop? The so-called bartender's bar is both a critical success and a neighborhood favorite because it's got something for everyone. When it comes to cocktails, the late, great bartender John Lermayer's drink menu is equal parts innovation and celebration of the classics.