California is the third-largest state in the USA, with the highest population in the country and the largest economy by state. Home to Hollywood, the Golden Gate Bridge, the towering redwoods and the 3rd largest coastline in the USA, there's a lot of California to see and do. With a beach rental in California
, you can experience this vibrant, diverse state firsthand. California has thousands of beach towns, so we've divided the state into several regions, to help you pick the beach destination that's right for you.
We Recommend the following California beach rental regions:
- The California Central Coast. Between San Francisco in the north, and Los Angeles in the south lies the California Central Coast. Visit the Central Coast and see deserted sandy beaches, with real native California sea grass growing on rolling dunes near quaint beach towns. This region is known for golf courses like Pebble Beach, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and the laid-back surf towns of Santa Cruz and Santa Barbara.
- LA County is one of the most populous urban centers in the world. This sprawling region makes many think of smog and traffic, but is home to many exciting, vibrant beach towns. Home to celebrities, surfers, and beach vacationers alike, destinations like Malibu, Long Beach, and Venice Beach are full of life and exciting activities, along with sun-drenched beaches with soft, warm sand. Visit Los Angeles and tour through Hollywood, go to art museums, or relax on the shores at your beach home.
- Orange County, California is the more upscale, suburban alternative to LA county. This destination is where some of the most wealthy and powerful Los Angelans call home. Beach towns like Newport Beach and Laguna Beach feature extravagant beach mansions, as well as more moderately-priced duplexes, which are convenient for sunny, mediterranean-style beaches as well as world-class shopping and dining. Visit Orange County and swing by Disneyland in Anaheim during your beach rental vacation
- San Diego County is the southernmost tip of California, near the border with Mexico. This thriving metropolis is perfect for a beach vacation. Always sunny, San Diego is warm and inviting. With thrilling nightlife, incredible attractions like LEGOLAND and the famous San Diego zoo, there's plenty for your family to enjoy. With a San Diego County vacation, you can enjoy beach destinations like Oceanside and Carlsbad which are far from the bustle of downtown San Diego, but still close enough to enjoy everything Southern California has to offer.
We Recommend these destinations for a California Beach Vacation:
- Capistrano Beach. "Capo Beach" is a lively beach town in south Orange County, near Dana Point. Named for the small beach this community is located around, Capo Beach has several lovely houses to rent, and is convenient for destinations in Orange County and San Diego. Click here to search all Capistrano Beach rentals.
- Dillon Beach is a 90-minute drive north of San Francisco. This secluded beach town features dramatic cliffside views, and is one of the few pet-friendly destinations in California. Visit Dillon Beach and bring your dog along, and relax in a cliffside mansion with beach access, a short drive from Wine Country and the Point Reyes National Seashore, where you can enjoy horseback riding, kayaking, and hiking.
- Newport Beach is the heart of Orange County. This quaint beach town features upscale mansions where famous actors and athletes call home, as well as more laid-back beach homes and duplexes. Made famous by the hit show Arrested Development, this beach destination is perfect for the family at play. Visit Newport Beach, where shopping, golf, fine dining, and attractions like Disneyland are at your fingertips!
- Carlsbad is a sunny beach town in San Diego county, south of Oceanside. With a Carlsbad beach vacation, you can visit LEGOLAND, the lego-themed amusement park, and if you visit in April you can enjoy the annual Flower Festival, when the flower fields of Carlsbad are all in bloom.
- Oceanside is one of our most popular destinations. This sunny beach town on the California Coast is just south of the marine base Camp Pendleton, near the border with San Diego. This destination has great weather year-round, and is home to the historic California Mission de San Luis Rey de Francia, one of the oldest Spanish settlements in California. Visit Oceanside and see the historic mission, and take a walk down the Oceanside pier. Explore Southern California with a beach rental, and relax on the shore on the California coast!