Popularly known as the "Gateway to the Tropics", experience a wonderful family vacation in this naturally beautiful and peaceful resort area. With its colorful abundance of foliage containing oleander, hibiscus, and bougainvilleas, you'll feel as if you're right in the middle of the Tropics! Plus, Vero Beach was named the "Best Small Town in Florida
and 12th in the Nation" and one of "The 100 Best Art Towns in America".
Vero Beach has Various Beautiful Beaches for You to Explore:
- South Beach Park will leave you in awe with its light-brown sand and emerald green water.
- Jaycee Beach Park is a family-friendly grassy park with a big play area for children.
- Conn Beach is filled with people who love to be on the boardwalk.
- Riomar Beach is a popular big-wave spot for those who love to surf!
All these beaches offer practically everything from collecting shells to swimming and taking part in fun-filled water sports.
When You Want to Stay on Land:
- Go Golfing. Tee off at any one of the fabulous golf courses that allow for all levels of play
- Go Wildlife Watching. Enjoy birdwatching along the Indian River.
- Go for a Stroll. Walk through the beautiful McKee Botanical Gardens.
- Visit The Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge and The Mel Fisher Treasure Museum. The latter is filled with gold and precious stones from the 1715 fleet and Spanish galleon Atocha that sank off Key west in 1622.
- Visit Dodgertown and see the Holman Stadium. Vero Beach is the smallest city in the nation to have its own professional team, the Dodgers. Vero Beach is also filled with tons of other theaters, restaurants, night spots, shopping areas, and museums for your sightseeing pleasure.