Enjoy a Classic Beach House Vacation on Tybee:
Tybee Island is a small island community 18 miles from Savannah in Georgia. Tybee is a classic style beach city with many well-established beach houses
with classic architecture. Residents live on "Tybee Time" and are known for their laid-back attitude.
Come to Tybee and play on five miles of public beach, visit the Tybee Pier, learn about Tybee's history, and see what makes people come back every year!
Explore Historic Tybee on Your Vacation:
Despite being a small town, Tybee has had its fair share of historical events. Visitors are often drawn towards The Tybee Island Light Station, which was originally built in 1732 near the center of the city. It remains one of the few 18th century lighthouses still in operation. And if you're looking for some adventure, you can explore the island in search of the missing buried treasure legend has it was left behind by Spanish pirates in the 1500s! Who knows--you might find it right next to your Tybee vacation rental!
Here's Your BeachHouse.com Beach Bucket List:
- See a Parade! Come in May for the annual Beach Bum Parade and cool off with a city-wide water fight or visit during one of the other four parades held year-round.
- Play on Five Miles of Public Beach! Tybee has a five-mile public shoreline. With such a small island you can spread out and enjoy the warm waters and white sand.
- Visit the Lighthouse! This is one of the most important landmarks on Tybee Island and is a must-see on your beach house vacation.
- Save some Baby Turtles! Tybee plays host to mating Loggerhead Turtles. Volunteer for a dawn patrol to stake out and protect their mating nests.
- Go Deep-Sea and Surf Fishing! There are open spots for fishing and crabbing offered all along the beaches with piers located along the South End of the island and near Fort Pulaski.