California is the third-largest state in the USA, with the highest population in the country and the largest economy by state. Home to Hollywood, the Golden Gate Bridge, the towering redwoods and the 3rd largest coastline in the USA, there's a lot of California to see and do. With a beach rental in California
, you can experience this vibrant, diverse state firsthand. California has thousands of beach towns, so we've divided the state into several regions, to help you pick the beach destination that's right for you.
We recommend these destinations for a California Beach Vacation:
- Newport Beach is the heart of Orange County. This quaint beach town features upscale mansions where famous actors and athletes call home, as well as more laid-back beach homes and duplexes. Made famous by the hit show Arrested Development, this beach destination is perfect for the family at play. Visit Newport Beach, where shopping, golf, fine dining, and attractions like Disneyland are at your fingertips!
- La Jolla Rent a waterfront home or condo in this charming oceanfront town on the slopes of Mt. Soledad near San Diego, California. This mediterranean oasis features secluded beaches and colorful shops and restaurants to enjoy. Explore the green slopes of Mt. Soledad, or relax on the sunny shores of the pacific!
- San Diego Our beach house rentals will put you in the best location to experience the richness of the diverse culture of this popular vacation city. Known as one of the most influential cities in Southern California, San Diego is great both as a beach town and a place to enjoy the city night life! Lots of fun things to do with the family on the beach. Kid friendly, pet friendly, and always great reviews!
We also recommend the following California beach regions:
- The California Central Coast. Between San Francisco in the north, and Los Angeles in the south lies the California Central Coast. Visit the Central Coast and see deserted sandy beaches, with real native California sea grass growing on rolling dunes near quaint beach towns. This region is known for golf courses like Pebble Beach, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and the laid-back surf towns of Santa Cruz and Santa Barbara.
- LA County is one of the most populous urban centers in the world. This sprawling region makes many think of smog and traffic, but is home to many exciting, vibrant beach towns. Home to celebrities, surfers, and beach vacationers alike, destinations like Malibu, Long Beach, and Venice Beach are full of life and exciting activities, along with sun-drenched beaches with soft, warm sand. Visit Los Angeles and tour through Hollywood, go to art museums, or relax on the shores at your beach home.
- Orange County, California is the more upscale, suburban alternative to LA county. This destination is where some of the most wealthy and powerful Los Angelans call home. Beach towns like Newport Beach and Laguna Beach feature extravagant beach mansions, as well as more moderately-priced duplexes, which are convenient for sunny, mediterranean-style beaches as well as world-class shopping and dining. Visit Orange County and swing by Disneyland in Anaheim during your beach rental vacation
- San Diego County is the southernmost tip of California, near the border with Mexico. This thriving metropolis is perfect for a beach vacation. Always sunny, San Diego is warm and inviting. With thrilling nightlife, incredible attractions like LEGOLAND and the famous San Diego zoo, there's plenty for your family to enjoy. With a San Diego County vacation, you can enjoy beach destinations like Oceanside and Carlsbad which are far from the bustle of downtown San Diego, but still close enough to enjoy everything Southern California has to offer.