Professionally-decorated luxury beach house
Located just 50 yards from the Gulf beach!
Located just 50 yards from the Gulf beach!
Front row seats from rooftop deck w 360º views
Private heated swimming pool
Pool lounge area with dining table and BBQ
Living Room floor
Living Room screened deck with teak lounge chairs
Living Room deck dining area with teak furniture
Mezzanine w superb Gulf views and Queen sofa bed
Bedroom #2 with Tommy Bahama canopy bed
Bedroom #3 w twin beds (convert to King bed)
Sitting room with Queen sofa bed
Bar with great Gulf views!
Desk on Living Room level
Bathroom #3 on Living Room level
Bedroom screened deck with hot tub
Ping pong table in pool deck games area
Deluxe foosball table in pool deck games area
Cornhole (sandbag) game in pool deck games area
Golf carts parking + shower + fish cleaning table
View of private heated swimming pool area
Swipe to see more photos
Be sure that "Beach View" really means a GREAT beach view and that you are located so close to the beach that you can actually hear the waves! Many of the home rental listings on the island use vague terms such as "just steps to the beach", "a very short walk to the beach", "just minutes from the beach" or "a stone's throw from the beach" to give the impression that they are located very close to the beach when they actually are not. "The Compass Rose" is located just 50 yards from the beach. There is a BIG difference between getting a VERY LIMITED beach view 500 yards from the beach and a GREAT beach view with surf sounds just 50 yards from the beach. So always ask for the property's EXACT location!
Exotic furnishings from faraway places await you at this professionally-decorated and landscaped luxury home located just 50 yards from the beautiful Gulf beach. "The Compass Rose" is a fabulous deal compared to 4-bedroom beachfront rentals on the island. Being only 50 yards from the beach and with unobstructed views from most angles, "The Compass Rose" is just like beachfront. And when you add in all of the amenities that are offered, the end result is a price/value combination that just can't be beat! When comparing "The Compass Rose" to other properties, be sure that "Beach View" really means a GREAT beach view and that you are located so close to the beach that you can actually hear the waves! Many of the home rental listings on the island use vague terms such as "just steps to the beach", "a very short walk to the beach", "just minutes from the beach" or "a stone's throw from the beach" to give the impression that they are located very close to the beach when they actually are not. "The Compass Rose" is located just 50 yards from the beach. There is a BIG difference between getting a VERY LIMITED beach view 500 yards from the beach and a GREAT beach view with surf sounds just 50 yards from the beach.
Pamper yourself with the finest amenities in this 4000 sq. ft. (2500 under air), 4 bdrm. dream beach house spread out over 5 levels. You can indulge yourself in countless luxury appointments such as the fine goose down comforters, plush monogrammed terrycloth bathrobes, dreamy bedroom settings, a fully-equipped gourmet kitchen by Kraft-Maid with Jenn-Air cook top and Nespresso espresso/cappuccino maker, and a deluxe hydro massage hot tub on the Master Bedroom deck. Bathed in warm natural earth tones, the recurrent theme is one of a distant island getaway, featuring an array of exotic materials such as bamboo, teak and natural fibres complemented by a selection of tasteful antiques.
The main living area has a 15 feet high cathedral ceiling with bamboo lattice designed to simulate a tiki hut, complete with its own bar, sofas with top grain imported Italian leather, Persian rug, 19th century accent pieces and home theater/entertainment center. The latest electronic and entertainment features add to your enjoyment, including high speed wireless internet, 4 flat screen TVs, a DirecTV satellite dish with over 200 channels, a Sony home theater system, DVD/VCR players and a vast VHS video/board games library.
Due to the special upside down design of the home, the bedroom level is lower down and the living levels are higher up, thereby affording great views from the areas where you spend the most time. There are also decks on 4 levels (2 of which are screened).
The views will remain with you forever: the rooftop patio, at a height of nearly 40 ft. above ground level, offers 360 degree views of the Gulf of Mexico, Captiva Pass and the State Land Preserve.
Included in 'The Compass Rose' house rental package is unlimited free access to all of the facilities of the North Captiva Island Club. The club has 2 swimming pools (Olympic size heated and cooled + lap size heated) and a jacuzzi. The brick paved pool area is over 14,000 square feet, with over 80 chaise lounges, plus a Spa facility with steam room, sauna, air conditioned changing rooms and lockers. For the active type, North Captiva Island Club also has two lighted Har-Tru tennis courts, a fitness room, basketball court, and sand volleyball court.
You can then relax with your favorite cocktail at Hidden Cove Pool Bar, where a pool side lunch is also available. Kayaks, bicycles, paddle boats and fishing gear rentals are all available at no charge at North Captiva Island Club.
For those guests who like to explore the island, there are 20 miles of bike paths, exclusive of the State Preserve areas. There are also four restaurants on the island: The Boat House, Mango's Island Grill, Barnacle's, and Over The Waterfront.
The house rental also includes all linens and towels (house + beach), beach umbrellas, consumables such as toilet paper and cleaning supplies, and clean-up after departure.
NOTE!: All rentals are not what they seem to be! As you look over numerous property rentals, you will no doubt see many pretty pictures. But what you do not see is the condition in which the properties are kept. We have personally seen, and stayed, in properties on North Captiva Island that are rented by agents/intermediaries (as opposed to directly rented out by the owners). These properties looked great on the Internet, but they were simply not being kept in top condition (some examples: peeling paint, rotting decks, sagging mattresses and soiled/dirty wall-to-wall carpets). We give you our complete assurance that this will never be your experience at "The Compass Rose": this is our personal "home away from home" and we continually maintain/take care of it as if we lived there all year long.
You can rest assured that there will be no surprises and that "what you see is what you get!". In addition, in order to maintain "quality control" and provide our guests with top-notch service throughout their stay, we personally rent out our property and have our own private service staff.
NEW: We have upgraded our selection of DirecTV channels to their top-of-the line "Premier" package that features 265+ TV channels and 65 music channels (including Digital channels/TV in the Master Bedroom)! In addition, every rental of "The Compass Rose" now includes one DirecTV "Pay-Per-View" movie rental per day (additional rentals will be charged at the rate that is charged to us by DirecTV).
THE ISLAND: North Captiva Island is the best-kept secret in Florida: only four miles long and half a mile wide, North Captiva is a Caribbean-like barrier island accessible only by a 20-minute boat ride. There are NO CARS and NO PAVED ROADS (transportation is only by electric golf cart on sand roads!). Nearby Captiva Island and Sanibel Island were once just like North Captiva until bridges brought traffic and hordes of tourists to their shores.
One word describes North Captiva Island best: NATURE! On our pristine white beaches, you will find all kinds of rare and exotic SEASHELLS. We also offer world-class SPORTFISHING for tarpon, snook and redfish. A large part of the island is a 700-acre STATE LAND PRESERVE for the protection of endangered wildlife: migratory and nesting birds include osprey, herons, egrets and pelicans. Manatees and dolphins are regular sights from our shores.
GOLF: Alden Pines Country Club is a Bermuda grass semi-private course located on nearby Pine Island. It is easily accessible from Pineland Marina (take Island Girl Charters ferry service from North Captiva Island). Water comes into play on many holes and narrow fairways make for a challenging game.
TRANSPORTATION: Traveling to and from the island is via regularly-scheduled water taxi. From Ft.Myers Airport, a private shuttle service is available to bring you grocery shopping and to deliver you to the water taxi. Once on the island, you will be greeted and brought to the house. Porters will assist you with luggage and groceries.
MORE ISLAND HISTORY: For nearly 2,000 years, these barrier islands were dominated by the fierce Calusa Indians. They thrived on the island's abundant natural resources. Undisturbed through time, their numbers grew until gold-hungry Spaniards discovered their island paradise. The conquistadors nearly wiped out the entire Calusa population in a series of battles and enslaved the remaining few in Cuban prison camps, where they eventually died. Frequented by tall-masted schooners and pirate ships, the barrier islands became a popular refuge from occasional heavy seas and high winds. It was on these islands that swashbuckling pirates like Jose Gaspar repaired war-torn ships and imprisoned beautiful female captives. Thus the island was named Captiva.
Around the turn of the century, North Captiva was the site of an extensive tomato plantation. More recently, it was the main location and processing plant of the Punta Gorda Fish Company. These days, North Captiva is home to a growing number of residents and visitors, drawn by her natural beauty and unspoiled island atmosphere.
During the 1960's, approximately 10 homes were constructed and six subdivisions platted. At that time, three canals were dredged, originating from points around the perimeter of what is now Safety Harbor.
By the mid 70's, nearly 50 homes dotted the northern tip of the island from Gulf to bay. It was obvious that North Captiva was destined to follow the path of the highly developed barrier islands to the north and south. With a potential build-out of 4,500 dwellings, the charming island ambiance of North Captiva would surely be lost forever. However, in 1975 the state of Florida acquired six parcels of land totaling over 350 acres - almost half of the entire island. This timely acquisition came under the environmentally endangered land program, a swift and direct move to preserve this priceless resource from rampant over-development.
Today, there are just over 370 dwellings and about 50 year-round residents on North Captiva Island. Seven subdivisions at the north end of the island are comprised of 357 dwellings and one subdivision at the southern end with 13. Approximately 30 dwellings per year are being built, with an anticipated total build-out of approximately 450 homes.
Having witnessed the rapid urbanization of other parts of the state, those who love North Captiva are making every effort to ensure that the island's natural beauty is preserved and protected and that growth is kept in balance with the sensitivities of the environment. Indeed, North Captiva Island is one of the few places left where man can live in complete harmony with nature. This unique island paradise is not for everybody. But then, it was never intended to be.
Amenities:* First Level:
* Heated private swimming pool with lounge area and adjacent BBQ/dining area
* Games area featuring deluxe foosball table, ping pong table and corn hole (sandbag) game
* Golf cart parking
* Private shower to rinse off the sand
* Weber charcoal barbecue grill
* Fish cleaning table with sink
* 3 bedrooms & 2 baths
* Screened deck off the Master suite and the second bedroom, featuring hot tub and elegant patio furniture
* Deluxe bedding materials and window treatments, including goose down comforters in the Master suite, second and third bedrooms
* The Master suite has plantation-style bed (Queen), a selection of fine accent pieces with hand-carved details, DirecTV and a large bathroom featuring a sitting area in the shower
* Second bedroom with Palm Frond canopy bed by Tommy Bahama (Queen), a selection of fine accent pieces, + DirecTV
* Third bedroom with twin beds by Lexington featuring nautical-style shutter headboards
* The Sitting Room has a comfortable sofa bed, armchair with ottoman + DirecTV.
* Large living room has 15 ft. cathedral ceiling with bamboo lattice designed to simulate a tiki hut, complete with its own bar and home theater/ entertainment center with DirecTV satellite dish and a vast videos/board games library
* Dining room for 8, with hand-crafted table and chairs
* Large gourmet kitchen by Kraftmaid with Cypress Green maple cabinets, island with overhead pot rack, water purification system and numerous accessories & cookbooks for the serious island chef, including a Jenn- Air cooktop and Nespresso espresso/cappuccino maker.
* Weber gas barbecue grill
* Screened deck with ceramic tiles and elegant patio furniture
* Full bath with shower
* Elegant spiral staircase to the Mezzanine with decorative forged-steel spindles by New Orleans Forgings
* Mezzanine observatory with sofa bed and 4 sets of patio doors for fabulous views
* Comfortable sofa, cozy rattan armchair with ottoman and fine hand-carved teak accent pieces
* Large wrap-around deck with ceramic tiles, chaise lounges and chairs
* Crow’s Nest rooftop patio offering a magnificent 360 degree panorama encompassing the Gulf of Mexico, Captiva Pass, the Bay and the State Land Preserve
Central Air Conditioning
Full-size washer and dryer on Bedrooms level
Policies:* No Smoking
* Maximum Number of Guests: 10
* We will rent only to family groups, couples, and responsible adults over the age of 25
* Inquiries from student groups not accepted
* 7 night minimum rental
* Rates subject to change without notice.
WEEKLY RATES (2017-18). Includes 1 golf cart.
* HIGH SEASON: Christmas/New-Year's + March/April ($5990/wk).
* SHOULDER SEASON: Feb ($4990/wk).
* MID-SEASON (SUMMER): June/July/August + Thanksgiving ($3990/wk).
* LOW SEASON: Jan/May/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec ($3990/wk).
EXCERPTS - HOUSE RENTAL TERMS AND POLICIES:
1. Travel Insurance: We strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance to protect you against unforeseen circumstances such as trip cancellation and interruption.
2. Security/Damage Deposit: The Security/Damage Deposit will be refunded 15 days after departure, subject to any deductions for damage to the house or golf cart, missing items, or excessive cleaning required (“excessive cleaning” is defined as any required cleaning over 4 hours and includes, but is not limited to, removal of excessive amounts of sand in the house and hot tub. Washing of beach and bath towels must be kept up during the week in order to ensure that cleaning time does not exceed 4 hours. All garbage is to be put by the Tenant in the garbage cans in the container on the ground level. Dirty dishes are to be placed in the dishwasher and cleaned).
3. Advance Rent Deposit: In order to secure the reservation, the “Advance Rent Deposit” must be returned along with the completed and signed Vacation Rental Agreement.
4. Payment Schedule: The total balance due (including the Security/Damage Deposit) must be returned 60 days prior to check-in. If the Total Balance Due is not received 60 days prior to check-in, this Vacation Rental Agreement will be deemed to have been cancelled by the Tenant.
+ More than 60 days prior to check-in: Full refund if another tenant is found for the same dates. If another tenant is not found for the same dates, this will result in forfeiture of the Advance Rent Deposit.
+ 30-60 days prior to check-in: forfeiture of 75% of the rent.
+ Less than 30 days prior to check-in: forfeiture of 100% of the rent.
6. Late Check-In (after 5 p.m. boat): $50 surcharge payable at check-in (deducted from Security Deposit if unpaid).
7. Occupancy: Occupancy (i.e., number of tenants staying overnight) is strictly restricted to the number of tenants that are reserved for (maximum of 10). At no time can there be more than a total of 10 people in the house (total of number of tenants reserved for plus visitors not staying overnight).
+ Tenants will be in default of the Vacation Rental Agreement if they have more tenants in the house than the number they have reserved for or if there are more than 10 people in the house at any time.
+ We will rent only to family groups, couples, and responsible adults over the age of 25. Inquiries from student groups are not accepted. No pets allowed.
+ Violations of any occupancy conditions will be grounds for immediate eviction without refund of rent or deposit.
8. Outdoor Grill: The charcoal grill is only permitted on the ground level. It is prohibited on any decks or porches.
9. Rebates: There will be be no rebates given for inoperable appliances or faulty equipment, unfavorable weather, early departure, interruption of utilities, construction in the area or maintenance problems. The only exception is hurricanes, where rebates will be given for unused nights only when mandatory evacuation is ordered by the Lee County government.
10. Personal Property: All personal property of the tenant(s) on the said premises shall be and remain his sole responsibility and risk, and the owner shall not be liable for damages to, or loss of such personal property arising from any acts of negligence of any other persons, nor from the leaking of the roof, or from bursting, leaking, or overflowing of water or sewer pipes, or from heating or plumbing fixtures, or from the handling of electrical wires or fixtures, or from any cause whatsoever, nor shall the owner be liable for any injury to the person of the tenant(s) or other persons in or about the premises, the tenant(s) expressly agreeing to save the owner harmless in all such causes and events.
11. Locked Closets/Cupboards/Garage: These locked areas contain the owners’ personal items. These areas are not included in the Vacation Rental Agreement.
12. What is included: Golf cart, bedding, linens, bath towels, beach towels, chairs and umbrellas, toilet and facial tissues, soaps (bath, kitchen and laundry), dishwasher powder, garbage bags, paper towels, iron, ironing board and use of all North Captiva Island Club facilities.
13. What is not included: Charcoal for BBQ grill, food/beverages/seasonings, shampoo, transport to and from the airport, and water taxi to and from North Captiva Island.
14. Indemnification/Right of Entry/Assignment: The undersigned Tenant hereby releases, agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the property owner, his agents and officers, the North Captiva Island Club and Marsee Property Management of and from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the undersigned or any person (including Tenant’s guests), or any property of the undersigned or any person (including Tenant’s guests), as a result of any cause arising out of the use of the house or the North Captiva Island Club’s facilities. This release shall be binding upon the distributes, heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and personal representatives of the undersigned or any person (including Tenant’s guests). Tenant agrees owner or their respective representatives may enter the Premises during reasonable business hours to make necessary
repairs. Tenant shall not assign this Agreement or sublet the Premises in whole or part without written permission of the owner.
Things To Do:
View other listings (1 total)
Please say you found it on Beachhouse.com!
Ad No. 331944
This ad has been viewed 766 times.
Last updated: Sep 07, 2017
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.