Mar Tortuga Vacation Rental InformationAdd to Favorites
Late Summer: $4,200/wk
Early Fall: $3,430/wk
Fall: $425/nt, $2,975/wk
Late Spring: $2995 Last Week May $3495
Mem Day Week $3995
Early Summer: $4,295/wk
Peak Summer: $4695/wk
Amazing Beachfront home with 4 Large Bedrooms, 4.5 Bath and lots of extras that will make you want to never leave! Mar Tortuga is a Wonderful Custom Home with space to graciously enjoy time with your family amid Comfortable Furnishings & Luxury Touches. Mar Tortuga is pet friendly--please contact us for approval.
Main floor large, Open Living Area with 2 seating areas, Dining Table for 10, Beautifully Stocked Kitchen, Wet Bar, Undercounter Icemaker, Covered and Open Porches. There is also an oversized Main Floor Master complete with a king bed, a chaise, a futon, and a bath featuring a Separate Shower, Jacuzzi Tub, Double Vanities, Dressing Table and lovely custom tile work. For families with very small children who still sleep in their parents room while traveling, the future works beautifully. The smaller of the 2 Laundries is on this floor.
The top floor features a wonderful Owner's Suite with a large King Bedroom with Private Beachfront Porch, Desk area with Computer, huge Master Bath with Separate Tub and Shower, Separate Vanities and beautiful finishes. There are 2 more bedrooms, each with a Private Bath. One has a Queen Bed, the other, a Queen Bed plus a Daybed and Trundle. There is a very large laundry room here as well.
3 Levels of Great Porches offer amazing views of Gulf Shores Sugar White Sand Beaches. This quiet area of West Beach has a Single Row of Beachfront Homes, plus a single row of homes on Little Lagoon. It is a wonderful, Quiet Area of the Beach but it is less than 4.5 miles from the heart of Gulf Shores.
Gulf Shores is a Family-Friendly town on the Gulf Coast of Alabama between Pensacola Florida and Mobile Alabama. We have wonderful beaches and fishing plus an array of attractions like miniature golf, go-carts and a waterpark. Just a few minutes away you'll find an array of marinas for dolphin cruises, onshore & offshore charter fishing trips and more. There are 2 historic forts, the National Naval Air Museum and the USS Alabama Battleship Museum.
Rental Terms & Conditions
The Rental Terms & Conditions of Gulf Shores Vacation Rentals, Inc are designed to provide you with great service, and to ensure our properties stay in great condition so you’ll want to come back again and again!
LENGTH OF RENTAL: Most of our properties are weekly only throughout the year. Weekly rentals are Saturday-Saturday, with the exception of Gulf-front houses which are Sunday-Sunday. In the event of a last minute cancellation, you may be able to rent for less than a week.
- Off Season a few properties are available with a 3-4 night minimum. Those will show daily rents.
- Monthly reservations are generally limited to January and February.
PREFERRED RESERVATIONS & RATES FOR REPEAT GUESTS: We offer preferred rates for repeat guests on future stays. We encourage you to book next year at your reduced rate as you complete your stay if you would like ensure a specific week. Repeat guests are given first right of refusal for the same holiday week in subsequent years. We accept reservations more than one year in advance.
EVENTS: Some of our properties are wedding, family reunion and corporate and church retreat friendly. Additional fees and/or security deposits may be required and events must be approved by Gulf Shores Vacation Rentals, Inc. Wedding, family reunion and similar events require rental of both units if property is a duplex.
FURNISHINGS: Our properties all belong to us personally, or to our friends, neighbors and colleagues. Their furnishings will reflect the individual owner’s taste. Amenities are described in the individual properties listings. You will be provided: ·
- Bed Linens
- Bath Towels (Bring your own beach towels!)
- Dishwashing soaps, laundry detergent, trash bags and a start up supply of paper products and bath soaps.
- Kitchens have silverware, dishes, pots & pans, small appliances including toasters, blenders and coffee makers (don’t forget to put coffee filters on your grocery list).
INITIAL RESERVATION PAYMENT: Initial Reservation Payment varies by property but is generally $100-200 per bedroom. It is payable by credit card at the time of reservation.
- The Initial Reservation Payment is a portion of your rent and will be applied to your total rental; therefore, it will NOT be refunded following your departure.
- Payment in full is required at reservation if arrival occurs within 30 days for condos outside of peak summer, 60-90 days in peak season and throughout the year for houses.
- We are group and event friendly and do not have additional charges for these types of rentals. However, these events must be approved and may be conditional on an additional refundable security deposit. We do reserve the right to limit the number of participants.
TAXES AND FEES: A $45 non-refundable reservation processing fee, to cover expenses associated with the initial reservation, is due at reservation time and applies to all reservations.
- Lodging tax varies from 8.5% on Fort Morgan to 11% for Gulf Shores & Orange Beach.
- Cleaning fees include providing linens and supplies and are shown on each property listing and itemized on your confirmation.
FINAL PAYMENT: Final Payment (balance due after Initial Reservation Payment has been paid) is required 60-90 days prior to arrival in summer for all properties, and throughout the year for houses. Final payment for condos outside of summer season is generally 30 days—see your confirmation for specific terms for your lease. Final Payment is made by check. The payee information and address is on your confirmation.
CONFIRMATION: A confirmation listing arrival and departure dates, property information and the rental amount due will be emailed to you upon acceptance of your reservation request and receipt of your Initial Reservation Payment. Please contact us immediately by phone (251-597-8737 or 877-747-4787) or email us if any corrections are necessary; otherwise, it will be assumed correct.
CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES: It is never fun to have to change your plans but if you have to, please give us advance notice so that you can receive a refund of your advance rent (Initial Reservation Payment) less a $200 cancellation fee. The reservation processing fee is separate and is not refundable.
- Homes & Duplexes - 90 days minimum notice for summer and fall rentals (Memorial Day through October), 60 days in off seasons
- Condominiums – 60 day minimum for summer and fall rentals, 30 days minimum notice in off seasons
- 90 days minimum notice for monthly rentals
Cancellations, date and property changes occurring less than stated minimum days required notice will result in forfeiture of Initial Reservation Payment, rent, taxes and fees.
- Please note: our cancellation policy does not provide refunds for unforeseen developments such as illnesses, mandatory hurricane evacuations and similar events that can affect your trip.
- NO REFUNDS are issued for cancellations or early departure due to inclement weather or personal circumstances inside the cancellation date range. Guests purchasing travel insurance should consult their insurance provider directly to see if they qualify for a refund. We strongly suggest that you purchase travel insurance.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: Travel insurance is available through a number of providers. Travel insurance is the sole responsibility of the guest.
MANAGEMENT: This property is individually owned and Gulf Shores Vacation Rentals, Inc has a contractual relationship with the property owners who employ us to act as their agents.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT to refund Initial Reservation Payments, refuse rental, or to discontinue occupancy without refund of rent or deposits if, in our judgment, your occupancy is detrimental to the property. Property may not be used for any unlawful purpose.
- We reserve the right to enter the premises at any time for the purpose of inspection, repair, management or showing to a prospective buyer.
- By renting a property you are assuming all risk of and liability for any damage done to person or property, agents, employees or visitors occasioned by the present or future condition of the premises both latent and manifest. Neither Gulf Shores Vacation Rentals, Inc nor the property owner will be responsible for accidents or injury to guest or loss of money or valuables of any kind.
RENTAL OCCUPANCY: Violations of rental occupancy restrictions are grounds for IMMEDIATE EVICTION AND FORFEITURE OF RENT.
- The listed “LIMIT” number indicates the maximum number of occupants including children allowed in a property at any one time. On a few properties we are able to make occasional exceptions. These must be approved in writing and generally involve an additional fee.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT to require lower occupancy in the case of chaperoned and other groups.
- We are wedding, family reunion and corporate/church retreat friendly. These events must be approved by Gulf Shores Vacation Rentals, Inc. Events to be held at the property require advance approval and we reserve the right to refuse rental if we feel the nature of the event may be detrimental to the property. Events at duplex properties require rental of both units.
- Atmosphere conducive to quiet enjoyment of those in surrounding properties must be maintained at all times.
- All rules and regulations at each property must be strictly observed. · Minimum rental of age of 25. NO HOUSE PARTIES ALLOWED.
PARKING: There is NO on-street parking in Gulf Shores so please plan accordingly.
- Our 3-4 bedroom duplexes have room for 2-3 cars per side (you’ll have to leave one at home if you are bringing a boat or jet ski trailer). Our 4-5-6 bedroom houses can park a maximum of 4 cars. Our 6 bedroom per side duplexes can park a maximum of 6 cars per side.
- Most of our homes and duplexes ALLOW boat and jet ski parking (you’ll have to reduce the number of cars by one to make room · Some duplexes have space for motor homes (as long as they are not hooked up to the house), ask us before bringing one.
- Condominiums allow a maximum of 2 vehicles per unit and most prohibit boats/trailers/etc. We can recommend a nearby marina or other alternative.
PETS: We love pets, but NO PETS are allowed in these vacation properties. A pet, or any evidence of a pet found on the premises, is cause for eviction and forfeiture of rent. Additional cleaning fees will be charged if evidence of a pet is found after your departure.
GRILLS: It is a vlolation of local fire codes to grill on a deck or porch (the exception is the electric grills a few condos have). Don’t do it!
MAINTENANCE: It is important to us that the properties be maintained in good repair. Maintenance providers may access the property for purposes of repairing previously reported issues, or for routine items such as lawn and pool maintenance. We strive to be as unobtrusive as possible while performing these tasks and appreciate your patience—it is important to you and to us that the property be well maintained.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if a maintenance issue arises. Just as might occur at you own well-maintained home, mechanical failures and other breakdowns could occur. Please call us at 251-978-2628—we will make every effort to correct the situation as quickly as possible.
- NO REFUNDS or rate adjustments will be made for mechanical failures and malfunctioning equipment. Working condition of pools, air conditioners, cable, phones, internet service, TVs, VCRs, DVDs, appliances, elevators, etc. are NOT guaranteed. These amenities are extras provided in addition to the beach house or condo rental. We will make every effort to correct the situation during your stay.
DAMAGE: Please report any damage or breakage when it occurs so we can fix or replace items as soon as possible.
- Some things break or need repair or replacement due to normal wear and tear or factors out of your control. Please let us know about those items so we can take care of them. We want to keep things in good condition.
- We understand accidents happen. We ask that you let us know about them. Unreported new damages found upon your departure will be billed and full payment for repairs will be collected via credit card.
- Burns of any kind (furniture including deck and pool furniture, carpets, counters, etc) will be considered fully your responsibility.
- Missing items are considered damage. Please do feel free to leave a book you have finished and take a new one to read but leave our games, decorations, pillows and bed linens. Missing or damaged linens and towels will be charged back to your credit card. Removing makeup with towels, washcloths, etc. may cause stains that cannot be removed and you WILL be charged for these damages. Blood stains on the sheets are also considered irreparable damage that will result in a deduction from your security deposit. Just like at home, we do not have extra pillowcases that match our sheet sets if one is taken—we have to purchase a new set. The following charges will apply: $60 King sheet sets, $50 Queen sheet sets, $30 Full sheet sets, $20 Twin sheet sets, $10 Bath Towel, $5 Hand Towel, $3 Washcloths/Kitchen Towels. Please do not leave your old bed pillow and take ours—that still counts as a missing item. Pillows are $10.
CHECK-IN · Following receipt of the balance of the total rental amount, we will provide key information for check-in. Wherever possible we offer By-Pass Check-In which allows you to go directly to the property. We have a few that require a key pick-up. Your access instructions will be emailed, along with a payment statement, upon arrival of the final payment.
- Check-in begins at 4:00 p.m. CST.
- We make every effort for the property to be ready for your arrival at that time; however, much of that depends on the courtesy of our guests and the condition in which the property is left. Our housekeeping standards may require extra cleaning time which may delay check-in. We ask for your patience in the unfortunate event this happens on your check-in date. And we ask for your help in ensuring it does not happen to the guests who arrive after you!
- Early Check-In is not available during busy seasons (spring and summer). We encourage you to enjoy our public beaches and local shops, restaurants and attractions if you arrive early. Early check-in MAY be available in other seasons for properties that are not weekly only rentals, or if the property is empty the week before your arrival. Please ask by email several days in advance of your arrival day.
- Check-out time is 10:00 a.m. CST, AT THE LATEST! If you are leaving significantly earlier, we would love a call the night before to the number on your check-out instructions. Our housekeepers really appreciate having a little extra time to do their work. An additional fee of $100 per hour (or fraction thereof) will be assessed if the property is not completely vacated by check-out time. For duplexes, this charge is per side. We are sorry to have to do this, but the next guests will still want to check-in at their check-in time!
- Late check-out is never available on weekly rentals or in peak season. Outside of peak season late check-out MAY be available for some properties. Please request this in the note section of your reservation request or in writing several days before check-out. We will accommodate your request if at all possible.
- No smoking is allowed inside the property. Evidence of smoking inside the premises will incur a charge of $300 for condos and $500 per house or half of a duplex, plus any additional damages caused by smoke or burns. Please be sure all doors are closed if you smoke outside. DO NOT USE OUR YARDS, PLANTING BEDS, DECORATIVE ITEMS OR DRIVEWAYS AS ASHTRAYS. Please treat our home as you would like for us to treat yours. We will charge clean up costs of $25 per hour (1 hr minimum) if we have to clean up after you.
DEPARTURE RESPONSIBILITIES See instructions posted at the property for specifics but here are the general details.
- Leave property reasonably clean and in reasonable order (Additional cleaning charges will apply if it is not). Please remember that these are individually owned properties. Please treat our home as you would like us to treat yours. All furniture, decorative items, bedding, dishes, etc should be where it was upon your arrival (particularly between the sides of duplexes). If you love our linens, games or decorations, we would be happy to help you find similar items but please do not remove ours!
- Leave kitchen items (dishes, cookware, etc.) cleaned and returned to their proper place.
- Dispose of all trash in proper outside containers.
- Lock all windows and doors.
- Wash all towels possible the night before departure and leave them folded. The morning of departure, please wash and dry any remaining towels. It is fine if the last load is drying when you depart. This allows us to provide comfortable towels for your stay versus the thin, hard ones available with commercial laundry services!
- Please leave all used beds unmade, but remove sheets from sleeper sofas before closing the sofa.
We have made every effort to ensure that all information printed here is accurate, but cannot be held responsible for errors in printing or changes made in furnishings and appliances. The appearance and amenities of some properties may have changed from the photographs as we consistently update properties. Until confirmed, prices are subject to change and special rates may differ. Any exception to the above mentioned policies much be approved in writing and in advance by Gulf Shores Vacation Rentals, Inc. management.
We appreciate you considering us for your next vacation at the beach!
This is a waterfront 3 story home with balconies and stairs. Open water, balconies and stairs present an inherent danger. You are accepting full responsibility for the safety of renting parties and all guests; and agreeing to supervise children to ensure their safety. Owners assume no responsibility for any accident or injury in connection with such use. Persons using the home and beach agree with the Owners for and in consideration of the use of the house and beach, to make no claim against the owners for or on account of any loss of life, personal injury, or damage to or loss of personal property.
Please do not remove our sheets, blankets or bedspreads from the house.